Friday, August 9, 2013

Criminals have hearts too

I once watched a wonderful documentary called "The Interrupters" about a group of people that "interrupt" violence before it breaks out in the most dangerous city of USA. What really struck a chord for me, was to see one of the people who I thought was beyond gone (high, violent, angry) turn his life around and get involved with improving the city himself.

The idea that nobody is too far gone to give up on has resonated with me ever since that viewing. I just came across an article that strengthens that.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/08/08/210092385/burglars-return-loot-to-group-that-helps-sex-assault-victims?utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=20130808

What's great about this is not only did they give back, but the community gave more. As a society we are a good people and try to do the right thing as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment